The Program is designed in such a way that we offer recognition of the experience you have gained in the property industry and the remainder of the program will cover the specific units prescribed for Victorian agents by Consumer Affairs Victoria; and for New South Wales agents by NSW Fair Trading.
This program is available for both Victorian and New South Wales agents. There are different unit requirements in each State, but the process for registration is the same.
NSW Real Estate Agent licence application requirements can be found at this link.
Victorian Estate Agent Licence application requirements can be found at this link.
We will ask you to provide a portfolio of evidence demonstrating your experience as a real estate professional, as part of the requirements for entry to this program.
There is a formal Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment process that seeks to recognise the skills and knowledge you have already gained in your life and career. We use competency based principles of validity, reliability, flexibility and, above all, fairness in assessing RPL.
Experience outside the property industry can also be considered in this process. Identified “gaps” in the individual participant’s program will provide the basis for determining what units will need to be completed by Distance mode, with tutorial assistance available by phone and/or email.
The portfolio for RPL could include the following:
Note: It is our preference that applicants for this course are industry operatives, with at least 1 full year experience.
- A copy of your current authority to act as an agent (Agent’s Representative transcript or the transcript for the Certificate of Registration units).
- Letters from at least 2 Licensed Real Estate Agents (who have known you in a professional capacity for at least 1 year and can verify your current industry experience and suitability to be a Real Estate Licence holder. These letters should include the agent’s licence number)
- A CV or resume detailing your work experience record for the past 5 years (this should be a brief overview)
- A spreadsheet with your property listings for the past 6 months
- Client testimonials with specific reference to you
- A selection of your marketing and advertising material (for private treaty, auction sales and/or leasing brochures, newspaper advertisements, and other promotional material)*NB that a sample listing presentation (if you use one) will likely include sample marketing materials, client testimonials and some current or previous listings – there is no need to “double up”.
Assessment is continuous throughout the program using competency based strategies. You will be assessed as ‘competent’ or ‘not yet competent’ based on your submissions of the assessment activities for each of the units required to be completed. Your assessment outcome will be provided within the two weeks following the program.
The USI (Unique Student Identifier) must be inserted on the Registration Form before any completion documentation can be issued by the RTO.
Included in this course
All training manuals, assessments and tutorial support.
Successful completion of the program will result in the participant being issued a CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) by MRT Training – RTO 41529.
The Participant Handbook is an essential guide for candidates of accredited courses and sets out the policies and procedures for all who undertake a course of study with MRT Training. All course participants should ensure they are familiar with the contents before registering or enrolling in one of our courses.